I like to make lists, a trait that I am quite fond of. It makes me feel in control of all of the things that I need to get done. Sometimes the list may seem unimportant; with such obvious items that one wouldn’t think would need to be written out in order for me to remember to do it. But I am beginning to realize that most people like lists.
The bucket list (things that you need to do at least once before you die) has given way to many discussions and has become a social statement “check it off the bucket list”!
Sometimes you do things that weren’t on your own bucket list such as white water rafting down the Snake River in Wyoming. I checked that off my list once my feet hit the ground.
So, I decided that I would write down a list of things that should be done for your financial life. This way it is right in front of you and if you have it finished, just check it off the list. But there might be something that you have not gotten done yet and you need to be reminded.
The Top Ten List of Things to do for Your Financial Life
1) Make sure that you have an updated will, power of attorney and medical directive.
2) Get a life insurance policy.
3) Check your credit report and make sure that it is accurate.
4) Explore purchasing long-term care insurance for you and your spouse.
5) Obtain Umbrella Liability insurance.
6) Review your mortgage; interest rates have steady declined.
7) Participate in your retirement plan to the maximum amount.
8) Eliminate all of your debt outside of your mortgage.
9) Build cash reserves.
10) Create a financial plan.
I bet that you were able to check off more than you thought. Now just get to the rest!!
If you enjoyed this article, CLICK HERE to subscribe to free updates from “Roots of Wealth”.