Recently I wrote a post on the discounts that are available to AARP cardholders (click here for link to read the post – 50 and Fabulous). Well retirees (or at least those of us over age 50 who are eligible to join AARP) are not the only groups that are offered discounts.
College students who have a current student ID can receive discounts from many stores or companies. Some do not advertise this discount but all you need to do is ask and show your ID to receive the benefits.
So for all of those who have a college kid in the family, pass along this information and save some money. After all, college tuition is so costly that we all need to save where we can!
Here’s a list of some of the good ones (in participating outlets and locations):
- Alex & Ani 10% off (in store)
- Eastern Mountain Sports 20% off
- J.Crew 15% off
- Madewell 15% off
- Vineyard Vines 15% off
- Charlotte Russe 10% off
- Juicy Couture 15% off
- Banana Republic 15% off
- The Limited 15% off
- Ann Taylor 20% off
- Steve Madden 10% off
Electronics and Computers:
- Apple $200 off on a MacBook, and up to $30 on iPad
- Radio Shack 10% off
- Adobe up to 80% off software
- Microsoft 10% off
- T-Mobile 10% off
- Sprint Wireless 10-15% off
Travel & Leisure:
- Amtrak 10% off
- New York Times Subscription 50% off
- Allstate up to 20% to age 25 for full-time students
- General Motors (see dealerships)
- FedEx 20% shipping and 30% off documents
- Wall Street Journal up to 75% off
- Choice Hotels 15% off
- Burger King 10% off
- Chick-fil-A receive a FREE small drink
- Arby’s 10% off
- Buffalo Wild Wings 10% off
- TCBY 15% off
- Subway 10% off
- McDonald’s 10% off
Start shopping and save!
If you enjoyed this article, CLICK HERE to subscribe to free updates from “Roots of Wealth”.